Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2014

Windy, early start

Got the hawks staged in the cabana early again in the morning.  Then got ready for the day.  As I was finishing up, I got a call from the resturant about birds taking sugar packets and guest meals.  I quickly finished getting ready and got two hawks out for flying.  It was calm out and they sat in the trees until the meals were over to keep the grackles at bay.  When a hawk landed in one of the palm trees on the walkway, a young iguana bailed out of the palm and landed in the plants below.  They do not like the hawks near them.  I flew the hawks back and forth to the T post until the breakfast rush was over, around 10:30, then got the weathering area ready.  Winds were picking up so I was cautious about flying during the day, winds were quite strong.  Few birds were about the pool and beach that day.  I waited for winds to slow down for afternoon/evening flights.  And at sunset the some light rains came in, so it was an early end to the day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment