Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Warming up again

Still a lovely, breezy day but warmer.  I got the hawks out at the cabana early again.  Then got ready for my day and any abatement work early in the morning.  I went to the resturant, with each of the hawks, but few grackles were there.   Then as I was in the lunchroom (I try to eat early before guests are eating their lunches).  I got a call to be out at the resturant for lunch abatement.  I quickly finished my meal and took a hawk over to stop the grackles.  I waited with her until the guests were done eating.  I went back, set out all of the hawks.  And cleaned their enclosures.   It was a quiet afternoon, and guests were few on the beach.  I flew off and on the hawks, back and forth.   Did some paperwork, and organized supplies and stock.  Evening came and I again was sure to be ready if called up again.  But, it was warm and no guest were out.  I flew again in the evening hours, but the winds were getting stronger, so the hawks were put away.  I got a call from Brickell security regarding a white owl spotted in a tree by one of the residences.  I am always curious and walked over.  It turned out to be a crowned night heron.   Just using the tree as a roost.   I was delayed putting the hawks away in the truck that evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment