Search This Blog

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday, Oct. 4. 2014

Another hot one, eagerly waiting for cooler weather.  I got the hawks out into the cabana and on their perches to start misting.  I just let 3 out while I set up.    To keep their presence in the trees to keep birds at bay. On saturday, the beach and pool both had guests, so I wanted to make sure the hawks were out an up.  Chased some iguanas away from dining guests a couple of times too.   I called the hawks around the park for a couple of hours, put the falcons and red-tail away and flew all four.  The two oldest ones (females) had a spat over the tall light post in the park growling, pushing each other off  at each other and footing at each other.  I went over to break it up and they continued to spat and argue in the trees.  I  put them all in their boxes, due to rains coming in.  Then let them all out again.  The two females continued to argue, taking the argument to the base of the light post.  It took be a while to get their feet unlocked.   I held the oldest and finally she let go of the other one's feet.  I then decided to put them all away for the night.   I walked towards front of the hotel, due to hearing grackles making their food announcement.  Staff told me that the grackles are their at breakfast, so I will be out early in the a.m. with my oldest hawk, she will be a good choice there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment