Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2014

Another warm day

Got the hawks out early, then started the misting right away.   They were misted then I had my lunch break early, to get the hawks on the wing to deter any grackles at the pool and beach area.  Then I put all of the hawks up for several hours around the park.   Guests stopped by to talk about the birds, the husband has done work rehabilitating birds at a center in New York.  I explained the concept of organic to another guest where natural cycles are used for pest control, rather than chemicals or poisons.  Later around 4:00 rains started, I got the hawks in their enclosures and took a short dinner break.  The rains were a short one and the hawks were back in the air around the pool.   Until the next threat of rain at sunset.   

No comments:

Post a Comment