Search This Blog

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Great weather staying around

Got the hawks out before dawn at the cabana.  Got ready and took the red-tail over the restaurant until about lunch time.  The grackles and sparrows were busy, and I worked the area with the hawk on the fist and stayed until the lunch settings were out.   The hawks were weathered and misted in the afternoon, then the pool and beach area got busy later.   I put one hawk up, the gentle one and I the grackles needed the intimidation of the more acrobatic one so I put that hawk up as well.  The grackles moved on.  It was busy friday.  Thee is a proposal dinner at the beach, a wedding at the park.  Hawks were brought into their enclosures to prevent any disturbance to either event.  Waited until the wedding at the park was over and then put the hawks up for the night.  It scheduled to be a busy saturday and I am getting out early to be ready for both the restaurant and beach.  As I was waiting for the wedding to end, I saw a beautiful peregrine falcon (maybe 3) that day, a bald eagle, vultures.  I did not bring my binos and wished I had.   

No comments:

Post a Comment