Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2015

Thursday and Friday AM

The afternoon was more quiet, few pigeons were about, except for the nesting pair and their prior offspring.  I sat the hawks out most of the day, organized my tools and supplies.  I moved the hawks about in the shade to keep them comfortable, and wrote my report on recommendations for physical modifications to the buildings to deter roosting.  That evening, pigeons were even fewer in number, and I am thinking more and more that there is a casual loft in the area where these pigeons frequent.  There may be even a farm livestock or poultry or local green space where they congregate as well.

Friday morning, Full moon, which I almost missed, I got the birds out early, to get their enclosures cleaned.  I received a new extra long waterproof apron to keep my self drier during the cleaning process, but I still have to change my clothes when finished.  But the hawks are out, their enclosures cleaned, fresh water is in their bath pans for a nice drink and bath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment