Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Monday evening and Tuesday Morning

Monday evening.  I had the hawks out nearly all day.  The pigeons were scarce all day long, so I make sure that the hawks got a good weathering session.  It rained some, I let them sit in the first rain, but when the second rain came in I put them in their boxes.  The boxes were nice and clean so I like putting them back in clean enclosures.  I started flying after dinner, when pigeons were starting to hang around, the usual on the NW corner of the restaurant.  Then I flew over the pool to deter the 4 that stay between the buildings.  When I was flying over the pool, one hawk, the oldest landed on white Cadillac Escilade (sp) on route 1 sitting a the light.  Scary.  The vehicle moved forward a bit and I got her back safely before the light changed.  She is trained to fly to my white truck so I can see why she landed there.  I put her in her box, so she does not do that again.  I flew the other two, one at a time, all around the pool area.  And I again stayed out until after 7:00, right when the sun starts to set.

Tuesday morning.  Few pigeons were roosting,  I've scared two of the four that stay between the buildings again throwing a white washcoth at them (they thinks it's an owl coming at them with white underwings.   In the morning, there were only two, on the railing of the 5th floor.  They are hard to deter, for they move higher.   When I was setting out the hawks, I noted some on the south side of the hotel when they see me looking at them, the back off, on top of the building,  Clever game we have going here.  There were some, but not in the numbers when I first arrived, 

No comments:

Post a Comment