Search This Blog

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday, slow day

Got up early look outside to see if the pigeons were still roosting on the ledge and they were not there.  So, the hawks are starting to make a difference.  Mid morning there were a few on the hotel roof, but no more than a half a dozen.  I was made aware that there are pigeon fanciers and racers in the neighborhood and visited one.  She had about a dozen beautiful birds and was concerned that her birds would be in danger from the hawks.  The hawks do not go that far and smart pigeons know to stay above the hawks so they are not vulnerable.  Sunday I  and was sort of hoping that landscaping would come to remove the cut palms in the weathering area.  But, it is Sunday and I know they will be there on Monday to remove them hopefully as early as the light will allow them.   I could not set the hawks out, due to all of the palms there.  So, I cleaned the hawk boxes instead.  The pigeon fancier stopped by to see the hawks, (wet from being in their cleaned boxes).  I hosed every thing down, found an orange cone that was used for the decoy owl and using it for marking where the hawks are.  I have found that the 'respect the cone' works for keeping people from peering into the hawks when I am distracted.  I  also went into the open are behind the restaurant and put up the surf rod holders for the T posts for flying.  I am also going to fly in the parking area that is away from the scary power poles.  Changed out of my wet clothes to more presentable attire for the rest of the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment