Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

All of the hawks now have perches

The perches arrived yesterday.  So I was so glad to get all of them out at once.  I misted them, the hawks, something they really enjoy.  I walked around with each of them on the fist for a while, and pigeons were far fewer, even roosting ones in the area.  I kept two pigeons from using the pool as a bath.  Simply by flicking my falcon on the wrist and making her open her wings.    Behind the restaurant, the old ice machine holding area is being screened in, for it was a favorite roosting area for the pigeons and very messy.   I flew my oldest hawk behind the restaurant and she stayed close. I made sure she was out long enough to force the pigeons across the street.  A possible thunderstorm was in the west, so I put her and the rest of the hawks back to bed.   This morning (Wednesday).  I looked across the street prior to dawn and gladly, the pigeons stayed there overnight.  Very few, less than a ½ dozen were at the hotel.  I do think that even just setting the hawks and falcons out makes a difference.  I am glad I did not put the hawks out early, for landscaping was mowing and trimming the area.  They raptors are safely sitting in their boxes to ready start their day.

Deliveries will be coming this week, extra pairs of shoes.  For I am hard on footwear, constantly getting it wet.  I want to rotate my footwear out to give them a chance to dry out.  I also ordered bins to store things in.  My old bins have cracks in them and It's just time to replace some of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment