Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Friday evening and Saturday

Friday morning got up prior to dawn and walked about looking for roosting pigeons.  Saw the usual squabs by the west entrance.  And the three that roost under the awning on the south side of the vacant restaurant.  I moved the three, but the squabs are stubborn.  I set the hawks out for the day, got paperwork done, did my first deposit via phone, it took a while.  The hawks were set out and weathered and misted.  Then strong winds and clouds came up.  A bit of rain possible.  The umbrellas by the pool were closed, so the hawks were put away and I  walked across the street to see what the situation is at the 24 hour restaurant.  I looked around things were clean, a bit of blown about paper trash in the parking lot, an open dumpster area, but no food on the ground.  But, with the fryers, the cooking odors are noticeable.  Birds have a diminished sense of smell, and I am speculating that the cooking odors, multi hood vents on the roof.  along with the occasional discarded food items may be the attraction. For I saw nothing out of order.  I then  got some supplies, extra misters, for the hawks,  at the local hardware store.  I returned and took time to fly one of the hawks over the pool area.  I think the guests really enjoyed it.  I then waited to see how the evening roosting was going to happen.  From what I saw last night and Saturday morning, only a couple of pigeons remain,  I counted 4 total.  

No comments:

Post a Comment