Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tuesday, January 7, 2014.   Cold, breezy and cloudy.   I am glad that I cleaned yesterday and let the hawks bathe.  It has changed overnight from balmy to cool/cold.   But the hawks love this weather.  I let them all fly and they enjoyed flying all around the pool and park.   Very few guests were out, due to the coolness.  After a while, Some guests with children were eating outside and sure enough, the grackles knew that kids often feed wildlife and were hanging around the table.  I put all of the hawks up and the grackles moved away.  I would then rotate the grackles around.  As things slowed down int he pool area, I took a walk around the key to see what activity there was across the harbor with roosting and to look for droppings.  I found no droppings anywhere and no activity of roosting across the key.  But, impending weather is a big factor.   This morning,  (Wed.)  It is chilly, rainy and windy, I had to fold and drop the tables on the porch, due to them being blown around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment