Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Monday, January 6, 2014:  Cloudy, rain in some area.   Mid-70's.  Cooler weather is arriving later on.  I set the hawks and falcons out and cleaned enclosures.  I changed into dry clothes (brought some down with me) after cleaning.   The grackles likely noted the wet hawks from showers and baths and started in at the pool area.  I got the driest one out and up in the trees, and the grackles soon dispersed.  I flew them one at a time, because I wanted the falcons to have a day out weathering and bathing as well.  They all enjoyed it.  Then, afternoon rains came in, I got wet getting the birds back in their enclosures,  and I had to change again.   After the rains,  The cooler weather arriving had made the grackles far less active.  So the hawks were flown for just a short time before dark.  

No comments:

Post a Comment