Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tuesday, December 31, 2013, New Years Eve.   Woke up with a setback in my post cold bronchitis.   Heavy coughing and nasal reaction, eye tearing in reaction something in the air.  Started my antibiotic routine again.  Took my time to get paperwork done.  Then went to get the birds loaded  It started raining.  I decided to watch my health and postponed setting the birds out until things got drier.   As the rains subsided later in the afternoon (after 2) I decided to just take the falcons out to educate the guests, per requests of staff and guests who have heard about the program. I was glad I got everything clean and organized yesterday.  I did walking patrols with the falcon(s) then walked the key by the residences at dusk.  Sure enough again, grackles were at the harbor across the water.  I stayed until misting weather started and I went back in.  Fireworks were set off at midnight, so I got up and to make sure the hawks and falcons were comfortable.  They were fine, the building blocked the majority of the noise of the fireworks.  Then back to sleep for all of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment