Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2015

Sunday and Monday

Hot, sunny, threat of rain all day.  I set the hawks out, then misted them.  I was prepared to get them flown again and kept them out until I saw rains coming in an lightening.  I then put them safely away until the rains stopped a while later.  When the rains cleared, I set them out again, but heavy winds and another rain storm was coming in.  If it is a 'green radar' indicator, I keep the hawks out, but the radar showed orange and yellow, heavy rains, lightening.  So, I was reluctantly force to hold them off .

Monday morning. cleaning day.  Got the hawks out early, for I did not see landscaping at this time.  So I felt that they were not showing today.  After getting their enclosures clean and them settled outside,  landscaping was working around the hotel.  So I am keeping close  to move them in case landscaping wants to also trim the restaurant area.  I saw the pigeons flush in number this morning, land on the hotel, and I chased them back.  Then about mid-morning, sirens went off from the fire department.  Pigeons normally do not flush, from the noise but they did this time,  And why?  The wild hawk again. I am thinking that the wild hawk is staring to make a connection between fire sirens and flushing pigeons.  The fire house has a 'horn' that sounds before the sirens on the trucks.  She is stalking the pigeons, using noise and distractions as part of cover too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment