Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Monday and Tuesday, am

Monday I had the hawks out, cleaned their enclosures.  I had a shorter day because of my reservation at SeeWatchbytheSea.com   I also put the hawks in my room to make sure they are comfortable, for it it hot and I usually wait  until it is cooler after 6:00 to put them away.  I took the shuttle to SeaWatch.   A throughly enjoyable experience.  The decor is beautiful, classic Florida style.  The restaurant has lovely views, which are in demand by customers so reservation are strongly recommended for a good view while you dine.  It as Monday, a slower day and I was glad I picked a slower day.  For I was told the place is very, very busy.  I had grouper, roasted mixed veggies, and black bean soup.  And their  fantastic bread as well.  My waiter (Pete) was attentive (not too much though) and very knew the menu and drinks.  I walked to the beach afterwards on a calm day, seas were quiet.  I saw a lone woman in the water, enjoying an evening swim.  I was glad to see that the turtle nests are marked with ribbon and stakes.  I saw lots of wildlife tracks in the sand, mice, birds, etc.  I also saw a lone house cat wandering the beach as well.  I hope that they have a 'cats indoors' initiative in the community to help our small coastal wildlife survive the decimation of outside and stray cats.  I came back and went to bed quite early.

Tuesday a.m.  I got up and walked the area at dawn.  I noted right at sunrise the pigeons from the 24hour restaurant heading into the neighborhood.  I followed them to a house where they were sitting on the power lines, awaiting breakfast.  Their activity strongly hints that these are loft pigeons.  For they were flying down a few at time into the yard, presumably to eat food set out for them.  I took some photos, walked a bit longer back to my room.  I waited to get the hawks out after 9:00.   For I was expecting landscaping to come and trim the weathering area at the restaurant.  I did not see any sign of landscaping arriving, so they are sitting in their enclosures until I am certain landscaping does not need to be in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment