Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Saturday and Sunday

I sat the hawks out, and misted them.  It was a hot muggy day, and I made sure they were misted and comfortable.  It was a quiet day, pigeons were away most of the day, only a few had to be chased away. I check the 5th floor and saw that the roof panel had been opened.  Looked at it and saw it is a challenge, even for a younger fitter person to access the roof. Especially getting back down without falling.  I would be carrying a hawk, T post and hawk supplies.  I've done rooftop work before, but there was always a stairwell and door way where I just walk directly to the roof.  No climbing.  During the day,  I also had to watch the heat and made sure I stayed comfortable and did have to take a break in the AC for a while.  I planned to fly the hawks in the evening and I noted clouds coming in for rain, but I was determined to get them flown.  As I released the first hawk, she was impatient, bounced off my head (I always wear a hat with them). Then I saw the pigeons react to the local Cooper's hawk that came in for her evening patrols.  I had hoped to flush a pigeon for her, but the pigeons were too reluctant to be rousted when she showed up. ALL of the pigeons moved about, between my hawk flying and the Cooper's hawk hunting, they were very restless.  I did get  all four  hawks flown (across the pool area).  I flew them one at a  time, for I am concerned that I get a repeat of the hawks landing on cars on the roadway while the light is red.  Guests were intrigued by the flying and the hawks were very well behaved.  Rain started in a light mist, so I ended the day.  I went to bed quite early.  I did not get on the computer, and made sure I was rested for the next day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment