Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Toured the Golf Course


Tuesday, April 14, 2015:  Breezy and flying 2 hawks at a time.  Got the dog(s) walked then the hawks set out.  After showering.  I walked with one falcon, but noted very few grackles and guests were few as well.  I sat the falcons and red-tail out for the early morning before the heat set in.  I was still slow when I put them back.  I decided to take the shuttle to the main hotel to look at the golf course geese situation.  There are nesting and resident Egyptian geese throughout the course.   I went around with the one of the supervisors name begins with R.  He kindly took me all around the course and showed the nesting sites and resident geese and other water birds, both native and non native.  One Egyptian goose has a splayed leg, walks funny and seems to be just fine.  But calls often come in from members who are concerned about its welfare.  I suggested re-homing the bird to a local farm to give the bird a good home. I mentioned to him the www.myfwc.com site to get information on laws on managing pest native and non-native wildlife.  I then got back to the beach area, had lunch and started flying two at hawks at a time.  They again performed well.  Staying close and in position above or near me.   A couple of hours later, I was by the event hall.  The youngest flew down (glided) and hit the mirrored window at by the windows hall.  She did not hit very hard.   This worries me about her. She was the one that got blown into a window the other day.    She is naïve in her ways, clumbsy in flight, gentle and at times can be a slow learner.    I held her on the fist and did my ‘adversion’ training.  By pressing her up against the reflection to hopefully educate her. I put her and the oldest away for the day.  I flew the others until things were slowing down at the beach for dining.  After putting the hawks away.  I also walk the dogs and get clothes ready for the next day.  When I tried to lock the deadbolt on my camper from the inside, it would not move.  I then tried with the key on the outside.  I would not completely go into the keyhole.  I am suspecting that someone has tampered with the lock on my camper.  The deadbolt needs to be functional and closed for the camper door to stay secure in transport.  The camper flexes and twists on the road and I don’t want the door flying open.  So I will call AAA and have a locksmith look at it after my flights are over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment