Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Friday and Saturday, April, 2,3 2014.

Hawks were out early, and I started with walking patrols with the falcons and red-tailed hawk.  Grackles are far fewer in numbers in the morning before lunch.  I am saving the flight patrols until after lunch is served outside.   The beach and pool areas are very busy. I had to figure out a way to get from the North side to the South side with minimal walking through the packed pool area.  I use the buffer zone, but even that is very full with guests and lounge chairs.  I now let the hawks decide the route.  I walk along the buffer and let them fly above.  They sit on the boardwalk railings, palm trees,  waiting for me.   Then after a while, they move back to the north lawn to their enclosures and I follow them back.  Per management's request,  I also flew a hawk at the south condo units to keep grackles from using the pool.  I will make that part of my patrols each day late in the afternoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment