Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Wednesday, March 27, 2013:   Cool, Sunny, mid-70's   Lovely weather.   When I was setting up I was informed of some birds flying in the 4 level garage.  Some thought they were hawks.  But, they are nightjars, an insect eating bird.  They were disoriented and could not get out.  So I called the wildlife center at the Museum of Science in Miami and they referred me to Pelican Island.  I let Security know and the folks came out and safely removed the nightjars.  Then set up and  Flew the hawks during the day to deter the birds from the pool area.  Especially during busy times when guests are dining outside. Then the night patrols started a bit earlier, to see if the presence of the hawk would discourage roosting activity.   I saw positive results, very few birds gathered at the area, but some were pushed to the next condo on the key.  So, I will concentrate on the hotel tonight for most of the flights and abatement work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment