Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

Sunday, March 24, 2013.  Hot, but being very windy helped with the heat of the day.  I did walking patrols with both falcons during the day.  Later when the winds slowed, I put Mercedes up to deter bathing at the pool by the grackles.  Then I got everything ready for the evening grackle roost flights.  I flew all 4 hawks because the traffic was lower and started at 6:30.  The hawks make their rounds and one again caught a bird in the tree and started feeding.  I put the others up and then concentrated on getting the hawk down.  The hawk started to roost after and I used one T post to try to get him down.  Security at the gate helped me immensely.  They watched the birds while I got the long 16 foot t post ready.  Maurico took me over to the security tool shed to put a perch on the top T post.  Thankfully, it was long enough.  Maurico held it, the hawk stepped up to the post.  Slowly, the post was lowered to the post I was holding.  Then secured the hawk by the feet and held him until I could secure the leash.  I was so thankful.  I did not want the hawk to end up in downtown Miami over the night.  With the bright city lights at night, the hawk see well enough to move anywhere.  Then, everyone was put away safely and I could sleep that night.   We start again tomorrow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment