Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 28, 2013:

Windy, cloudy, chance of rain all day.  I walked the entire area and key this morning to see if there were signs of birds roosting overnight.  Only a few were seen.  The winds were quite high, so I had to wait until the winds slowed before I set the hawks and falcons out to weather. I was asked to show and educate the guests about the birds at the beach area and took one of the falcons there.  Then was able to use the falcon to keep grackles moving in and taking guest food and bathing in the pool. I could not fly around the pool, there were guest that were uncomfortable with birds.   Flights started later in the day, around 4:30.   We went to the residential area and a few scout birds were circling around the area.  We stayed until dark, and could not fly the hawks, it was very windy.  Then some rains started as we returned back and put the hawks and falcons away for the night.  Hopefully this weather is passing.  The wind is now from the west and I can start daytime flights soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment