Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

12/17/2013 Second night:  We have been able to move the roosting grackles away from the hotel and security areas, and will concentrate on moving them away from the office complex across the street.  When the hawks are put up and we use the flashlights to guide the hawks around, the grackles know of the danger and rush to the next area to be away from the hawks.   I flew 3 of the four hawks, due to the one having a kill yesterday. One thing nice I heard from an employee at the hotel, she did not have any droppings on her car at the end of the shift.  That is good news.   Now to keep the pressure on the roost to move them out.  Despite my head cold that has made me weary.  The staff at the hotel and key are happy to see me and I am glad to get the hawks in the air doing what they do best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment