Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Monday, December 30th, 2013:

Cloudy most of the day.  Which I like, my eyes are sun-sensitive to I appreciate it.  This was clean and organize day.  I got the hawks and falcons out to weather, then cleaned enclosures and organized equipment.   Hawks were flown primarily around the pool and beach area.  All four were flown for a while, but just two at a time.  Winds were low, so I let the hawks spend a lot of time out, just preening and hanging out in the trees.  After sundown, I walked around the key to the residential area.   Surely enough, across the harbor, the grackles have returned to the trees.  I stayed and watched their movements.  A group of about 50 or so circled the residences, but went back across the harbor.  The next night, I will defiantly concentrate on the residence area at dusk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment